Monday, March 1, 2010

Tattoo Tuesday V.7

Wow...already the 7th edition of this feature? Awesome! This week I'm super stoked to feature two wonderful, international women! The first is the cutest little lady, all the way from Italy! Please welcome Roberta and her adorable tattoos to my blog. She's a long time reader and a new friend...and such a super sweet lady. Thanks, Roberta, for being a part of this.



Name and blog name: Hey, I am Roberta and this is my blog! http://tattooscute.blogspot.com/
Tattoo/location: Kawaii tattoo left arm

Artist/shop/location: Andrea Becchi Torino (Italy)http://tattooscute.blogspot.com/




1) Tell us about the tattoo you are sharing with us- is there a background story or special meaning? Why did you choose this particular piece of art?


Well, I've always been in love with all things kawaii (which means cute in Japanese) and my world is so full of Kawaii stuff! So I decided to get a tattoo about my love for Kawaii! In this tattoo you can find clouds clouds clouds (i love clouds ^_^), some Tokidoki characters (he is one of my favourite illustrators ever!), a super cute Kokeshi girl made by a great illustrator named Charuca (this is her blog-http://tattooscute.blogspot.com/, there's also a Gloomy bear, a cupcake and of course a BIG HELLO KITTY ^______^

2) Do you have any other tattoos?

Of course! :D I have an anchor on my right arm with a quote from The Goonies (my favorite movie of ALL time) and it's "DOWN HERE IS OUR TIME," then I have a brass knuckle with a quote from a song of my boyfriend's band "I WILL FIGHT FOR LOVE" (and it's dedicated to my love for animals), then I have 2 diamonds on my shoulders with 2 words "VEGAN" "PRIDE" and I have a chest piece with 2 swallows with a sentence "STILL DREAMIN" dedicated to my uncle and grandma who passed away. :(











3) Do you plan on getting more?

Of course!!! I have 1.000 ideas on my mind :D

4) How do your family and friends feel about your tattoo(s)?

Well, my mother says to me that I look like a sailor man! Haha, you know I'm Popeye...haha. and most of my friends have tattoos so they are okay with it.

Have you run into any adversity or negativity because of them?

Of course! In Italy is not easy to have tattoos! People think that if you have tattoos you are a bad person -_-' there's a lot of ignorance unfortunately...so it's very difficult to find a job if you have tattoos. This is something I really don't like about my country!

5) Any advice for those interested in getting tattooed but haven't gotten one yet?

Well, I just want to say to think a lot before getting tattoos. tattoos stay with you FOREVER! If you are happy when you get a tattoo, then you will not regret it! And try to get tattooed by good artists! For me it's better to spend more $$$ and be sure the tattoo will be perfect. ;)



Our second lovely lady is one of my blog friends Gabrielle, all the way from New Zealand! You should definitely go check out her blog. She is such a great gal and I am so stoked to feature her here! Yay Gabrielle!





Tattoo/location: Owl in a blossom tree on my forearm.

Artist/shop/location: The lovely Erin Chance at Sacred Tattoo, Karangahape Road, Auckland. Check out more of her beautiful work ahttp://tattooscute.blogspot.com/



1) Tell us about the tattoo you are sharing with us- is there a background story or special meaning? Why did you choose this particular piece of art?

For so long I had wanted a bird tattoo. Birds are my favourite animals, I love the way they are free to fly where they choose and how such a small animal is capable of reaching such great heights. So naturally I wanted a bird to be put on display where everyone would be able to see it. I decided to get an Owl because of two reasons, Twin Peaks and The Labyrinth. If you have seen either of these you would understand why!

2) Do you have any other tattoos? If so, what do you have and where?

I have another tattoo on the small of my back; I got it when I was 16 and unfortunately not thinking straight. It is a pretty generic design and I am looking to getting it removed as it does not suit me at all and represents a time in my life that I no longer need to be reminded of.

3) Do you plan on getting more?

Yes! I want to get a lot more! My next project is getting my arm finished. I want a half sleeve, so all the underside tattooed and carry that down to the top of my ribs. I am going to get some roses to blend into the cherry blossoms and then have a girl sitting on an old fashioned stool looking into an old mirror with her dress hanging down. I will probably end up getting more than that because I feel tattoos are absolutely beautiful but for now that is what I am focusing on.

4) How do your family and friends feel about your tattoo(s)? Have you run into any adversity or negativity because of them?

My Mum absolutely loves my tattoo. She has a butterfly on her back. My sisters also love it; my two older sisters have a tattoo. My Dad is quite conservative so we don’t really discuss tattoos with him; also my Nana is like that. She saw my tattoo at Christmas time and was a little upset but we had a talk and she is fine with it, my aunty and uncles all loved it. As for friends, they all know my personality and I think this helps. Some don’t really understand but are still supportive, but majority of people are really positive. I have had a few negative approaches at work (see my blog for a post on one response) but it isn’t something you should get upset about. Your body is your own instrument and you are beautiful when you feel beautiful.

5) Any advice for those interested in getting tattooed but haven't gotten one yet?
As I mentioned when I was 16 my parents were going through a messy separation and it really affected me. This is when I got my tattoo which I will be removing in the near future. Don’t let something like this affect your decision, make sure you are in a clear mind when you take the step and please think about it! Also be confident, when you get one, own it and be proud, don’t let anyone tell you the way you should be.